Saturday 10 February 2018

Random


Random 


Hallo Everyone,

We have a tag for you
today - a rather nice
door hanger

I just say, when I first
saw these hangers I wondered
why..........?  However, once
I'd hung one on a door I
saw their significance in
adding a bright spot to an
otherwise mundane object
and am now working my 
way up to one for each
season and festivity not
to mention the ubiquitous 
KEEP OUT when the
occasion demands....

Hazel Harler has brought
us a beautiful door tag:


"Hi all, today I have a decorated 
door hanger to share with you.


 I painted a Tando door hanger with gesso
 and then coloured it with Gelatos. 

I spread some modelling paste
 over a Tim Holtz stencil.


 I added more colour, then I mixed some
 water with some cocoa Dreamweaver Metalic F/X 
and painted it over the whole hanger.



I decorated the hanger by adding some
 book pages, hesian and buttons,
 and dyed some white material with Distress ink,
 when it was dry I stamped the 
Paperartsy/Lin Brown tulip on the fabric.

I also stamped it three times 
onto white card and then
I coloured the tulips and cut them out. 

The leaves were stapled together
 and I 3D the flower."



Thank you Hazel I love all
the stages in the making
of this beautiful door hanger

Did I mention that Tando Creative
and PaperArtsy are in the SALE?

'Til tomorrow 

Mickie xx











3 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely layers!! I adore that Tulip stamp. Super door hanger Hazel Thank you for sharing.
    Wishing you a super weekend. Best Wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and I am so in love with that background texture.
    Happy crafty weekend everyone.
    Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.