Wednesday 3 January 2018

At Random


At Random


Hi There!

Seems an odd title for January's posts
but they are all chosen at random so
what else could I call it? ..........Haha!

The reason for "At Random" is that with
the JANUARY SALE going strong it
is the ideas for the projects that count
rather than individual projects, after all
a stamp is a stamp is a ...........
Or is it?  You decide!

Craftyfield is going to start us off
with a simple card:


"After all that Christmas crafting and 
lots of relaxing over the Holidays, 
a CAS card is great to 
kickstart my mojo again...

 I selected the Quirky bird to make 
a Get well card. 



I stamped the image with yellow
 Versafine Clair for a no line-colouring 
technique and used watercolour
 pencils and a brush to colour it.

Next, I stamped rain drops all over my bird,
 using the Craft Emotions stamp set
 with a blue Distress ink. 



If your ink, like mine is a bit dark, use
 second or even third generation 
stamping by stamping off on a 
scrap piece of paper.

 With a wet brush I pull the Distress ink
 off the stamped image.

 Then, I give the bird a bit of ground
 to stand on, using watercolour 
pencils and splatters.



Finally I used the printer for the sentiment.

I hope I have encouraged you 
to have a go, this is a very easy
 card to make!"


Thank you Craftyfield for
starting us off with a simple
card.  I'm sure it would bring
a smile to any patient's face!


For all specific products and colours 
have been mentioned here, do 
remember that any product can be
used to achieve a similar result!

Take a look at the SALE to see what
you can find to make a cheery
Get Well Soon card

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx





3 comments:

  1. Great card, I'm sure there are many people out there with cold/flu bugs that can relate to that picture. Happy crafting year ahead X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Perfect get well card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet stamp just works so well for this type of sentiment. Happy Creative New Year to you all. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.