Friday 14 July 2017

New Home

New Home



Hallo There!

I read somewhere that
the school holidays are
becoming the time to 
move house.  It seems
that nowadays pupils
should live in the
right catchment area

Fitting the move in
with the family summer
holiday must take a bit
of juggling...........

Here's Hazel Harler with a
super tutorial for us

"Hi there, today I'm sharing with you a 
New Home card and gift tag using a 
Riley and Company Mushroom Lane stamp.


First I stamped the image onto white card
 using black Archival ink.



The image was coloured with watercolour pencils
 and a water brush.


I coloured a piece of white card with 
fossilized amber distress oxide.


I stamped some dots round the edge using a
 Paperartsy/Lin Brown stamp and
 fired brick distress oxide.


I then matted the background onto some
 red card and then onto a yellow card blank
 - if you haven't got a yellow card blank 
colour the edges of a white one with
 fossilized amber distress oxide ink.


I matted the image onto some red card
 leaving the bottom a little longer than the image.
 I wrapped some yellow ribbon round the bottom
 and then I attached it to the card blank. 

I attached the sentiment [stamp unknown], 
some tiny flowers and ladybirds
 that I found in my stash.


Now for the key fob:

I stamped the image onto shrink plastic 
with black Stazon ink.....


 ....then coloured the image with watercolour
 pencils but didn't use any water. 

I punched a hole at the top and used 
a corner punch to round the corners.


I made a tag to match the card and 
heated the shrink plastic with my 
heat gun to shrink it then 
I attached a key ring.


I punched a hole at the top of the tag 
and attached the key ring with some ribbon.


 I added a few flowers and a ladybird.


The finished card and tag."


Items used:

Thank you for a lovely card
and gift tutorial Hazel

I rather like the key fob -
might also go well in a
Christmas cracker..........

Oh my goodness!  I've used
the C word - I'd better go
before anyone notices.....

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to include a key ring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and unique..love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love your colouring and the fab background piece too. Such a cool idea to make a key ring from shrink plastic and yes, it is a good idea for Christmas! There, I have said it too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love these stamps. Great card and loving the key ring too. Happy crafting, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.