Wednesday 3 May 2017

Archiving

Archiving


Hallo Everyone!

Hope you've all recovered
from your Bank Holiday
excesses!  

Here we have had the annual
Jack in the Green Festival
(Some of you may know him
as The Green Man) but in 
these here parts...............

Street entertainers galore,
a bit of a fun fair and parades.
Definitely one of those Oh to
be in England moments......

Sorry to drivel on if you are
elsewhere in the world......
You could get your own back
and tell us what is happening
where you are................!

In the meantime, we have
Jane Castle to share her new
Scrapbook with us.....:


"I made myself 2 promises this year, 
the first was to start an art journal 
( which I've done) the second was 
to make a start on sorting out my 
Mum's old photos and to make a 
scrap book for my daughter's family.

As Mum is heading for her 98th birthday
I felt I'd better get a move on while she 
can still identify some of the Great Aunts
 and Uncles etc.



The page I'm sharing with you today 
has a photo of my Mum, Nan and Aunt. 

For this I've used some of Kaisercraft's
beautiful 12 x 12 papers.

To begin with I trimmed my base paper 
to 27cm x 27cm----- I decided that I might
 need to move some pages as 
more photos are found so thought
 that if they all measured the same and 
were placed in the scrap book with photo 
corners moving them wouldn't be a problem.

The 2 pieces that were trimmed off 
would be used on the page but turned over. 

Next I cut the frame for the photo using 
another piece from the same collection and 
a Spellbinders Die.


Measuring on the back of the frame I marked 
where the slits were needed  for slotting in 
the corners of the photo. 

I then stamped in Archival Ink some random 
bits of text using a PaperArtsy Mini stamp, and 
some flowers using a Lavinia stamp. 

For both sets of stamping I used 
second generation ink.

The flowers were then brushed 
with Ranger's Perfect Pearls.


I then cut various flowers and leaves ready 
to decorate the page.



For this I used some Core-dinations sanded it, 
tore it and the trimmings from the 2 sheets of 
Kaisercraft Mademoiselle Collection



Then it was down to attaching everything 
to the page. 

The 2 strips that had been reversed after
 trimming were stuck with double sided tape, 

the 2 hollyhock flowers were tied with 
some string and stuck with Cosmic Shimmers glue.

The centre piece of pink Core-dinations was 
lightly sanded before attaching. 

For the journaling I used a 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology journaling ticket 
and wrote on it with  a matching brown ink. 
(I had a blue ink in my fountain pen 
and it looked so out of place!!)


A few pearl embellishments for the flower centres
 and the page is complete. 

I really enjoyed putting this page together 
but when you've got beautiful paper/card
and some wonderful photos 
how could you not have fun?!"

Items Used

Kaisercraft Madewmoiselle Collection - Timepiece and Posy
Core-dinations sand it, tear it emboss it - 
Thinlits Tim Holtz mini Tattered Florals 
Memory Box dies - Hollyhock Stem and Ivy tendrils
Archival Ink - Sepia and Watering Can
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Journaling Tickets
Lavinia - Wild Flower stamp
PaperArtsy Mini Ink and the Dog stamp


Thank you for sharing Jane.  
So good to still have your mum
with you to explain who's who
in the old photos. 

I wonder how scrapbooking will
evolve now that we seem to
have lots of photos.............

.........stored in our digital devices
but nothing printed

Leave you with that

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx








3 comments:

  1. These Kaisercraft papers are perfect for Vintage pages. I love what you've done Jane, and you reminded me how beautiful mica powders are, I must bring them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely scrapbook page. Digital can't beat the feel of the papers and how the colours and textures work together to create a feeling and enhance those memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Jane... I love your use of Pewter perfect pearls to add a delicate touch on your meadow stamping. Perfect use of elements for enhancing your memories xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.