Thursday 28 May 2015

Transport - Dawn Heald



Hellooo,

How are we all??

So, who knows what Anniversary is on May 31st???

You are never going to get this......

actually, I have it on good authority (our great leader - Sandy),
that May 31st is the 80th Anniversary of Compulsory Driving Tests!!

Told you!!

We are so full of......information here haha!!!!

The DT have been given the word Transport and it
had to be something that you would need a licence for!!

Today we start with Dawn






"The anniversary of compulsory driving licences reminded me
 of my father telling me the story of him having only two
 lessons and his test, passing first time and how they cost
 then about 50 pence in today's money. (Jane says - ten bob 
as I remember it!!)  Also my father 
worked as a bus conductor at one time, again more
 stories. So this stamp seemed to fit the bill.


I've not done a tag for a while so decided on that. However,
 crafters block set in, then you know when everything you try
 goes wrong, well it did, I'd done it first on a coated tissue
 paper after running out of white paper, painting on the
 back, well let's say I was too heavy handed and it tore
 that was after it smudged a bit which I'd fixed. Next thing 
I made went wrong when putting Versamark on top. And
 that's how it went on, disaster. So this is what I ended up 
making, I still like it and it was good to go back to more basic
 techniques and to colour directly onto a crackle painted
 background."


To make -
Paint a size 8 manila tag with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Space
 Cadet and Pea Coat. Leave to dry. Spread over a layer or 
PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze. Dry. Paint over this with
 snowflake. Leave to dry and.......
 magic. A great crackle every time whether you use a brush or
 sponge and any direction. It works .
Next, stamp the London Bus stamp with black Stazon directly
 onto the painted tag. Colour in with Red and Pumice Stone Distress
 Markers.
Use Scattered Straw Distress Marker as an ink to stamp the 
signs in places on the tag.
Distress the edges and colour edges with Distress Ink
 Faded Jeans and Tea Dye.
Stamp and colour a sign on spare card, cut out and fix to tag.
Layer this onto the pattern paper, then onto red coloured card.
Finish by embellishing with buttons and a red paper clip.

Wow, well one may have gone wrong but this has
turned out very nicely!!

Funnily enough I remember my grandad telling me
that the only driving test he took was in a fire engine and that
was when he had just driven back from a fire!!  A fire engine 
with L Plates.......no way!!

This is what Dawn used -


Paperclip from own stash

Thank you Dawn,

I'll be back tomorrow with another project,
see you then.

Jane x





2 comments:

  1. After all the tribulations, all turned out fine! Love this bus stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the trip (so to speak)
    :)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.