Monday 21 October 2013

Autumn leaves - Gay Peplow

Hi, 
Very seasonal theme this week: Autumn leaves which the DT interpreted in a lot of different ways as you will see throughout the week. 
Today we start with guest designer Gay Peplow who use a Dreamweaver stencil: Maple Branch
These two cards will really show you two different ways to use a stencil. Looking at those two, would you have thought at first glance that they were made with the same stencil?


This card was sponged with distress inks through a Dreamweaver metal stencil and then highlighted by pencil around the design. 
I added the veins because it needed more depth, they may not be anatomically correct, I guess I should have checked! I claim artistic license!


Gay used 
Dreamweaver Stencil Maple Branch.


-------

 I spread ink over my craft mat with the Kaleidacolor ink pad and spritzed with water. With a long piece of white card I dragged it through the ink several times building colour as I went until the card was lightly covered with the colours. I dried thoroughly with my heat gun.
This card uses the same stencil as before but I inked through it with VersaMark ink directly with the ink pad onto my strip of coloured card and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I stamped with the text stamp and added colour straight from the ink pad until I was happy with the depth and spread of colour. The corrugated cardboard was again coloured by directly using the ink pad and spritzing with water. 
To add a little bling to my dark card I die cut the motif from gold holographic card and then sanded and inked that with StaZon and Copics. My strip of painted and coloured card was placed diagonally across the card and trimmed to fit, a little like a jigsaw, it was fun trying to make it all fit. The base was kraft card which if it didn't all fit on I was happy to leave with a gap, it all toned well with the gorgeous colours of the Creole ink pad.



Gay used 
Dreamweaver Stencil Maple Branch.
Kaleidacolor Creole ink pad
Crafty Individuals Stamp CI 214
Docrafts Papermania Square Card Blanks 50 Recycled 300gsm
StaZon Timber Brown


See you tomorrow











7 comments:

  1. Both so different, both really gorgeous. Like the versatility of the die and colours used :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love both of these. The minimalism of the first and the impact of the second. Going to have to try something like these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two different techniques very beautifully illustrated on both card samples, thank you Gay for the inspiration ! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful, but the first one is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two completely different cards - great effects with the stencil Gay! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful, love the metal embellishment!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.