Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sketch week - Gio

Hi, 
Scrapbooking on a giant tag is how Gio chose to approach the sketch this week. Scrapbooking along with cardmaking are probably the way sketches are used the most. Scrapbooking on a giant tag is a change from the traditional 12x12 page. 
Hope you like it. 




 I cut a giant tag from a sheet of Grungeboard basics plain. 
I covered it partially with some PaperArtsy Grunge Paste with a palette knife. 
When still wet, I stamped with a flower stamp from Hot Picks 1206 plate to create some texture. When dry I swiped on the surface the Distress Inks Distress Ink pad: Salty ocean and Distress Ink pad: Seedless Preserve and I gessoed lightly. 
I stamped some flowers using the same stamps and Ranger Archival Ink pad: Deep Purple. Using an applicator and the Distress Ink, I added the eye chart with the The Crafters Workshop template - Eye Chart. 
I adhered some pieces of tissue tape and I stamped the date and placed using Stampendous Small Typewriter Alphabet and Ranger Archival Ink pad: Deep purple. 
I cut from the very printed sketch the little frames, I coloured , stamped and used them to frame the pictures. 
I added the frames to the tag along with ribbons and some self-adhesive pearls



Gio used:
Tim Holtz embellishments: Tissue Tape Journeyman  

See you tomorrow



5 comments:

  1. I think it looks fab - gonna cut me some jumbo jumbo tags to play with!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like it, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colours and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab giant tag Gio!! And that's a wonderful idea to insert small photos within lovely frames like that! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Keeping for future information! :)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.